Manager Marketing - Urban
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This role will be responsible for working with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within Republic. They will recommend, assess and oversee marketing strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns for album launches.
- Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, email/text, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist.
- Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and marketing team to create, maintain and evolve artist brands
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at Republic
- Manage the conception, communication and execution of consumer products and other marketing strategies.
- Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to Republic activity.
- Measure and report on campaigns and overall performance of clients’ digital and direct-to-fan properties, tracking both ROI and KPIs against client goals to inform strategy going forward.
- Developing and executing a channel-by-channel content strategy.
Bring your VIBE:
- 2 years of music industry experience with an emphasis in marketing and the Urban space
- General knowledge of all departments within a label, including Digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion
- Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
- Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adaptable and ability to establish good relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- College Degree required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer