Coordinator, Rights and Royalties
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a motived individual for our Rights and Royalties coordinator position located in Encino. This is an excellent opportunity for hands-on learning and to become involved in numerous facets of the synch and royalty processing business. The coordinator position is a cross-functional role and responsible for administrative support to the Synch and Rights Management Teams of Ingrooves Music Group.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Track overall synch quote and license progress through issuing, signature and receiving payment
- Generate final confirmations, license agreements and invoices
- Manage music audio and maintain asset tagging
- Track label or publisher status and new signings
- Create email blasts for music priorities, show invites, updates
- Create and send internal Synch Alerts
- Provide other general support for synch department
- Manage, track and organize reporting files for pre-processing from digital and physical sales partners
- Set up sales data in database and reconcile for artist royalty accounting
- Import and match quarterly royalty statements
- Other Administrative duties related to Publishing Admin and Artist Royalty accounting as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficiency with the MS-Office Suite, particularly, outstanding Excel skills (e.g. Nested Functions, V-Lookups, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented, excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Familiarity with the entertainment and/or music industry desired but not required
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deal with tight deadlines
- Willingness to work outside normal responsibilities to achieve desired results
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer