Manager, Royalty Accounting
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Royalty Accounting will be responsible for overseeing various monthly distribution/royalty accounting processes, as well as reviewing and booking monthly sales revenue. This position will work with the rest of the Finance department to ensure the execution and continued alignment of the team’s overall responsibilities, requirements, and goals.
A successful candidate must have prior experience with distribution, participations, or royalty accounting and be familiar with month-end close. The successful candidate must also be highly analytical and have a willingness to work outside of expected duties to achieve desired results.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage tight monthly deadlines to ensure accurate sales reporting and accounting statement packages are delivered
- Run monthly royalty cycle workflows and validate outputs for accuracy, including the review of client/rate structures and other high-level calculations
- Oversee accounting statement and payment reconciliations
- Ensure timely receipt and accurate processing of reporting from digital and physical sales partners
- Assist with month-end close and prepare recurring and ad-hoc analysis for other internal/external reporting requirements
- Work with UMG globally to manage and maintain the accounting of international and domestic sales partners
- Liaise with clients directly to answer any reporting or payment questions
- Identify and recommend process improvements and assist with their implementation
- Oversee invoice and cost approval workflows
- Other ad-hoc analyses as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years in a distribution, participations, or royalty accounting role
- Background in accounting and/or finance preferred
- AR/AP experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite and possess outstanding Excel skills (e.g. Nested Functions, V-Lookups, Pivot tables, etc.)
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deal with tight deadlines, and work independently
- Willingness to work outside normal responsibilities to achieve desired results
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.