Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Strategic Marketing (USM) is responsible for UMG’s Global catalog, Compilations, Audio-Visual and Licensing businesses for all our labels excluding Classical (with whom we also work closely).
As a dynamic, forward thinking team we ensure territories achieve optimum revenue opportunities by delivering releases and marketing support. At USM, we are expected to be innovators in our field(s), flexible in complementing and inputting into areas across our division and the wider business.
You’ll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we’re doing. We hope it’s infectious! At such a fast moving area you’ll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Generate and distribute analytical project information to all relevant company working groups.
- Administer markets requests for tools and assets with appropriate repertoire centre.
- Initiate, plan and co-ordinate all aspects of Marketing Campaigns for upcoming releases on designated artists and projects.
- Oversee and represent acts assigned to you via the key artist roster list.
- Manage and control all aspects of a release taking relevant action on required dates to ensure completion of product / services for release date.
- Deal effectively with all production supply chain queries to ensure no impact to release dates
- Deal effectively with territory queries, reporting upwards for assistance when required.
- Co-ordinate artist’s / project activities around record releases (press, tools, campaigns, advertising etc).
- Ensure all information is accurately communicated to all departments regarding strategy, release plans, changes, developments etc.
- Manage all aspects of product development and marketing from concept to completion on given projects.
- Represent international requirements & strategy in UK Label & Project meetings.
- A strong and consistent delivery of digital products, tools and marketing.
- Ability to create and co-ordinate marketing materials, tools and information required and ensure distribution to relevant parties internally and at the operating companies.
- Create and implement innovative marketing approach to projects
- Formulate budgets with department heads and allocate appropriate costs.
- Submit costed marketing plans for approval and manage campaign within agreed budgetary limits.
- Recognising exploitation opportunities and creating products across all formats both physical, digital and streaming options within our remit be they catalog, compilations, audio-visual products.
- Recognise and share best practice across the markets.
- Ensure creative output of content and repertoire in the form of new products that will generate meaningful revenues for worldwide territories.
- Passion for music.
- Music Industry marketing experience would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player with creative ideas and solutions.
- Commercially focussed and highly motivated, disciplined and organised with excellent time management skills.
- Desire and ability to drive projects – from inception to completion.
- Flexible and capable of juggling responsibilities.
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster.
- Good understanding of data analysis and insights to provide smart marketing opportunities and support decision making.
- Understanding of new music platforms and the best approach for each to maximise opportunities.
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to deal with problems as they may arise.
- Knowledgeable about current music trends and market trends.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Prepared to travel internationally as required.
- Experience developing artist plans and strategies.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Universal’s catalog and repertoire.
- Knowledge of the international marketplace and how it is evolving.
- Good understanding of social channels, media opportunities & advertising formats.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good understanding of consumer insights & segmentation practices.
- Competency in one or more foreign languages.
- Advanced skills in common software (e.g. MS Office / Keynote / Photoshop / etc.)
- Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc).
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.