Manager, Digital Media Planner
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music & Motown are seeking a media planner for our in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape, campaign optimization, and music! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, social, programmatic, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all media for legendary artists across all of Capitol Music’s Labels (Capitol Records, Astralwerks, Blue Note, Harvest) and Motown labels.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Act as a digital media expert across the label’s roster across planning, buying. optimization, reporting, and eCommerce strategy.
- Liaise with Capitol Music and Motown digital marketing, marketing, commercial, and label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns to maximize conversion value
- Develop and manage paid eCommerce campaigns across social, search, native, programmatic, and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Snap, TikTok, Google Adwords, Spotify and other platforms
- Pixel implementation on websites for data collection and conversion tracking
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data-driven techniques
- Implement test initiatives such as landing page, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
- Proven experience driving revenue growth and online lead generation with paid media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years’ media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry experience a big plus.
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Experience buying through SEM bid management platforms, Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Snapchat, and DSPs
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Shopping Campaigns, Facebook Catalog Manager, and Shopify
- Ability to build and manage relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI, and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareablee
- Passionate music fan
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.