Royalty Accounting Administrator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are hiring for a Royalty Accounting Administrator to ensure accurate and timely calculation and payment of royalties to CCMG artists, writers, publishing partners, and external licensors.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Interpretation and application of artist & producer contracts in the royalty systems
- Prepare manual publishing statement adjustments and ad-hoc reporting for royalty recipients
- Prepare routine month-end journal entries related to royalty calculations
- Oversee quarterly review process for royalty statement accuracy
- Coordinate all royalty mailings and payment files
- Prepare quarterly royalty statement notifications to royalty recipients
- Serve as key contact with outside parties for royalty-related inquiries
- Maintain strong working inter-divisional relationships with members of the Accounting, Label, Publishing and Legal departments, as well as 3rd party royalty recipients
- Oversee all royalty vendor updates, administration changes, and research of vendors on hold
- Assist in research and analysis for royalty audits
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Intermediate Excel skills and a basic understanding of Access preferred
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to manage many ongoing tasks at a time
- Accounting or Music Business degree required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish