Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a “who’s who” of Music Row, the combined rosters include Adam Hambrick, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Brandon Lay, Brothers Osborne, Carrie Underwood, Caylee Hammack, CB30, Chris Stapleton, Clare Dunn, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gary Allan, George Strait, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Langston, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Kassi Ashton, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Kylie Morgan, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maddie & Tae, Mickey Guyton, Parker McCollum, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, Travis Denning and Vince Gill.
How we LEAD:
This job is to assist and support the attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department to complete tasks assigned to Department and to assist in organizing and facilitating calendar, prioritization and oversight of daily, weekly, and quarterly workflow and goals.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Prepare and review initial drafts and redrafts of contracts such as side artist agreements, exclusivity waivers, no objection letters, sweepstakes rules, independent contractor, and vendor agreements, under the supervision of department attorneys
- Track contract and deal progress and maintain status spreadsheet
- Review and summarize contracts as required
- Perform legal and contractual research
- Review artwork, audio visual content and release data for legal issues and accuracy
- Assist in securing mechanical and synchronization licenses for UMGN releases as required
- Track/exercise artist and contract options
- Maintain/update Excel spreadsheet of all artist agreements and related rights
- Register department lawyers for annual professional memberships, professional privilege taxes and CLE seminars
- Maintain call sheet for department attorneys
- Schedule meetings and conference calls for department attorneys
- Organize/maintain filing system for the department (physical and digital)
- Prepare expense reports for department attorneys
- Maintain/order office supplies for department
- Provide notary public services
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Content Manager, Internet, Phones, Document Management Systems
- Able to communicate well, very organized and detail oriented, and great at multi-tasking
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Associate degree with significant experience, or 4-year college degree
- Regularly required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Requires motor skills to operate a keyboard and basic office equipment
- Ability to communicate over the phone and in person
- Occasionally required to lift to 25lbs
- Work Ethic
- Results Driven
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish