Assistant Manager Planning (PLM) and Inventory Optimization
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are a leading Consumer Products Company in the Media and Entertainment Sector. We produce, distribute, and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end-to-end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for all operational processes related to the Life Cycle of Media products to ensure that all key milestones are met, quality guidelines are adhered to, and that the product is launched into the marketplace on time as planned. This includes coordination of all aspects of the inventory planning process through street date and beyond.
This position will coordinate item and BOM set-up and will aid in tracking critical path milestones for all assigned work, including any required procurement of finished goods inventory and raw materials.
The Assistant Manager will participate in ad hoc projects outside of their day-to-day activities and will participate in supply chain meetings, distribution review meetings, account specific meetings, and periodic inventory review sessions.
How you’ll CREATE:
The Asst. Manager is responsible for ensuring that all activities required to support daily and ongoing client supply needs are executed:
- Item Master Data, Pricing: Management of specified finished goods and raw material item set up and maintenance, bill of material set up and maintenance, product model set up and maintenance, manufacturing and distribution instruction set up and maintenance, and cost type and cost component set up and maintenance.
- Milestone Management: Manage and report on critical path milestones to ensure the successful launch of titles on the release date as required. Collaborate with all stakeholders collectively responsible for completing all Release Milestones. Participate in meetings, both internal and external, as required. Provide regular status updates on progress to release date, highlight potential risks, and participate in issue resolution/mitigation strategies and activities.
- Manufacturing: Management and execution of all specified manufacturing requirements, including but not limited to print and label artwork distribution, print procurement, corrugate procurement, raw material procurement, and distribution services.
- Procurement: Management and execution of the procurement process for packaged media. Management of this process would include assuring the timeliness and accuracy of purchase order placement, pricing verification, and monitoring due dates and delivery schedules.
- Inventory Management: Management of inventory stock holdings within the distribution center. This would be for all product types, print, packaged media, merch and other products as appropriate. Managing obsolete inventory and scrapping processes and monitoring supplier cycle count programs.
Process Improvement, Documentation and Training:
- The Asst. Manager will participate in the evaluation of current systems and processes, recommendations for enhancements/modifications to management, and implementation projects/efforts as needed.
Operational and KPI Reporting:
- The Asst. Manager will prepare and distribute operational reports used by department managers. They must provide planned and ad hoc reporting as scheduled and/or requested and develop and provide materials that may be used in presentations to Platform client departments (Sales, Marketing, Production) and/or customers.
Bring your VIBE:
- Develop and maintain a tracking mechanism to keep all deliverables organized and for use in KPI review
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
- High level attention to detail
- Execute transactions driving tangible results
Time Management Skills
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities
- Develops well thought out action plans
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines
Team Work & Communication Skills
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Other Required Skills
- General understanding of manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Can troubleshoot problems, propose and develop solutions
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset
- Service delivery and end-to-end supply chain services orientation
- Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise systems and Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Strong Excel skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred in a production planning and execution environment with key focus on Master Data Maintenance, Production Planning, Procurement
- Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Procurement system experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; or equivalent experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
“TN employees will work from home and although the state does not allow us to ask for vaccination status, the company currently does have a vaccination policy to work in our offices.”
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish