Ingrooves - Manager, Video Strategy (YouTube Optimization) APAC
We are Ingrooves Music Group, part of Universal Music Group. We are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
The position of Manager, Video Strategy is responsible for regional management of our company’s relationship with YouTube with emphasis on rights management and efficiency strategies. The candidate thrives on investigating details and never tires of problem-solving. They love and have extensive knowledge of YouTube. They have extraordinary patience and the willingness to educate people on the nuances of YouTube monetization, optimization, and strategy. They are comfortable and knowledgeable discussing music as well as analytics, and their overall goal will be to maximize all promotional and operational revenue for our label partners and for Ingrooves. The role may expand to handle other partners who operate in a similar fashion.
The Manager, Video Strategy reports to the Managing Director, ANZ + SEA, with additional management by the Director of Video Strategy for Ingrooves.
This position can be based in The Philippines or Indonesia.
- Own, develop and manage the day-to-day relationships with YouTube across APAC including label relations, promotional opportunities, operational issues and more
- Ensure SRAV Pillar compliance with YouTube
- Help manage Ingrooves YouTube Partner Network onboarding, claiming process and optimization while coaching labels on best practices and handling third-party claiming issues
- Address priority ownership conflicts with label partners, working with the video team and Country Managers on ownership conflicts for labels within their purview
- Work cross-departmentally and with label partners to handle and resolve rights management issues including reference overlaps, transfer requests and disputes
- Work with Catalogue Migration team on new priority label catalogue onboarding to ensure correct metadata, reference files, etc. and clearing ownership conflicts on new assets
- Oversee Ingrooves’ rights management on fingerprinting platforms that fall within the department, as well as platforms that may have fingerprinting capabilities in the future
- Educate internal and external partners on most current best practices, case studies and partner network information
- Develop and implement plans for key labels and projects to increase revenue from catalogue
- YouTube Music Certification, and at least 2 of the 3 YouTube Certifications (Channel Growth, Content Ownership or Asset Monetization)
- Collaborative, resourceful, positive, and organised
- Exceptional communication skills in English (speaking, writing, and presentation skills)
- Additional languages (Indonesian, Tagalog, Korean) are a big plus
- Understanding of digital entertainment marketplace, industry trends, competitive landscape, differences among markets
- Experience sourcing, interpreting, and presenting industry insights and analytics in the sales process
- A passion for all kinds of music, and passion for discovering what moves people to listen