Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
At Globe Productions we create, develop and produce inspiring, entertaining and engaging content for some of Universal’s biggest artists, a range of broadcast platforms and for huge global brands. No day is the same here. We might be on location, filming with an artist; in the office doing production admin or coming up with ideas for a brief we’ve received from a brand; or working on an edit, seeking feedback and approvals from a number of people. We are small team, so everyone helps out with support and ideas. We are reactive, creative and dynamic. We stay current and aware of the latest trends and cultural moments to ensure we can always deliver impactful and exciting content. It’s a fun, positive and creative environment to work in.
Globe Productions are looking for an experienced Production Manager to work across a variety of content projects.
Reporting to the MD, Globe Productions, the Production Manager is primarily responsible for the daily running of the department – workflow, administration and creative project management across an active development and programming slate.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- The Production Manager will work closely with the Head of Creative and Producer/Development team – as well as interact with other Globe departments, including Brand Partnerships and Sync, and artist labels and management – to help deliver creative and commercially-minded productions, in a timely and on-brief manner
- Full responsibility for budget preparation and project scheduling/workflow management across all projects – including primary liaison with external and internal clients
- The Production Manager will also be responsible for the hiring of freelance staff (and relevant paperwork) and Globe’s overall administration approach to all productions – providing direction on relevant processes including health and safety, risk management, insurance and accounting
- Responsibility for inventory and any related equipment – as well as overseeing Globe’s archiving system of rushes and deliverables from each project
- The role will also provide budget and production planning support to the wider Globe team where appropriate – for example on event or artist-led activity
- Candidates will be production-led; flexible and pro-active on ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the slate and finding solutions to a range of dynamic production challenges. Lateral problem-solving will also be essential
- A wide range of interest in delivering all types of music-led programming from documentary, to multi-camera and short-form formats is also key. The ability to adapt to a range of briefs and budgets is vital
- Post-project management is also essential – with regard to external contractors, accounting paperwork and legal correspondence. The role will also interact directly with Globe’s Finance and Business Affairs teams on invoicing, legal documentation and reconciliation of projects
- A strong interest in music and ability to contribute proactively to new ideas and concept generation will be prioritised too
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.