JOB OPPORTUNITY – A&R COORDINATOR
(12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Closing Date: June 17, 2021
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Artists & Repertoire, this role will provide support to the A&R department and will contribute to a positive work environment with an emphasis on a ‘team’ concept. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative and energetic individual with a huge passion for music.
- Provide ongoing support to the A&R team by assisting with the A&R operational process and enforce departmental best practices
- Provide all-encompassing administrative support including but not limited to processing invoices and expenses, compiling weekly and monthly reports, taking notes in various meetings, ordering concert tickets, keeping track of follow-up items and incoming and outcoming messaging and maintaining files for the department and the SVP of A&R
- Organize and coordinate day-to-day schedules, including the coordination of external and internal meetings, travel arrangements and accommodations, answering calls, taking messages, preparing outgoing correspondences, presentations and agendas for department and SVP of A&R
- Liaise on behalf of the A&R with all internal departments, including Marketing, Creative, Digital, and Operations
- Schedule studio time and help find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, and sound engineers
- Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing and mastering for each artist project
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Request payments throughout the creative process, including producers/mixers/remixers
- Assist with various special projects
- Flexibility, adaptability and an entrepreneurial mindset that welcomes other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor/College Degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience
- Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure & meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and to identify potential issues and successfully problem solve with business deliverables in mind
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality with a professional demeanor in dealing with the public.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, with the ability to prioritize, take on multiple tasks, meet deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great strategic and analytical thinking with the curiosity to optimize processes
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Availability to work and attend various events on weekends and evenings (once allowed and safe to do so)
Please apply before June 17, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQIA+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.