Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Manager of Copyright is responsible for managing a team of Copyright Associates to effectively communicate copyright data to external sources, optimize CWR registrations, and effectuate timely and accurate claims on behalf of Capitol CMG Publishing’s songs in all settlements, portals, and agents to maximize copyright collections throughout the world on behalf of our company and clients.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Effectively lead and manage a team of Copyright Associates to achieve company objectives.
- Develop Copyright standard operating procedures and best practices to assist with training, accuracy, and consistency.
- Review Acknowledge Files (ACKs) via the CWR system to ensure that songs are accurately and effectively registered with CCLI, HFA, MLC, the PROs, and other third-party licensing agents.
- Maintain a database of administration agreements and communicate those pertinent details to claim catalogs at CCLI, HFA, MLC, the PROs, and other third-party licensing agents.
- Actively track Capitol CMG Publishing songs that are cut and released and communicate song activity with the administration team so uses can be licensed and monetized.
- Assist with ISRC clean-up, tracking, and go-forward append process within internal SQL tables.
- Claim Capitol CMG’s copyrights in all settlements and available portals.
- Respond to Market Share requests from Billboard, and others as needed, confirming the songs and shares we represent.
- Answer copyright inquiries and ensure all copyrights are set up accurately at Harry Fox & MLC
- Perform on-going data clean-up and data validation to ensure the quality and accuracy of the copyright data Capitol CMG Publishing sends out.
- Lead transfer of applicable Copyright processes to a workflow management tool (i.e. Asana) for better efficiency and tracking.
- Maintain contact list and issue LOD’s in a timely manner to proper vendors, sources, and societies to ensure our claim to new catalog is confirmed and records are updated.
- Maintain and issue monthly new song reports to external partners (i.e. UMPG, CCLI, Integrity UK) currently not receiving CWR ingestions.
- Provide bi-weekly new song reports to Creative pitching application and manage upload of audio & lyrics.
- Research and respond to copyright disputes from Agents and publishers to substantiate or resolve claims.
- Answer copyright inquiries as they pertain to external registrations of our catalog.
- Assist with the onboarding CWR process and help troubleshoot and potential set up issues.
- Maintain the process of appending new ISRC’s for CCMG controlled copyrights within the Access Database.
- Provide general support and backup customer service on an as-needed basis for Publishing Administration staff through catalog changes and acquisitions including notification to society’s and licensing agents.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key individuals and organizations affecting copyright administration.
- Hire and train Copyright Associates as well as admin interns.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of copyright administration and registration
- Experience dealing with catalog acquisitions preferred
- Familiarity with publishing contracts and conversing with Business Affairs a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented is a must
- Highly organized and able to track large volumes of data with accuracy and efficiency
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and prioritize appropriately
- General knowledge of music publishing and/or intellectual properties
- Bachelor’s degree in music business preferred and a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years managerial experience leading a team.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish