Junior Urban Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Marketing & Urban Director
Location of Work: 4PS, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recongise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
For sixty years, Island Records has been at the forefront of all the musical moments that mattered. One of the world's great labels, it has become a byword for artistic integrity and innovation, staying true to its long-established independent ethos by signing mavericks and game-changers who have altered the course of music in Britain, Jamaica, America and beyond. And, while times have changed, the attitude, street-cool and striking visuals at the label's creative core have remained the same. We’re looking an individual with a leaning towards pop & urban to join the amazing team here to create, deliver and manage outstanding marketing campaigns for the next chapter of Islands’ domestic & international releases.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
- Manage consumer marketing plans alongside the Marketing Director, related to Island’s designated artists, projects and activities. This is to include particular-emphasis going forward on powerful pre-launch phases to maximise commercial impact.
- Responsibility of individual artist budgets in line with the agreed spend.
- Plan multi-platform advertising campaigns with the in-house media agency & Marketing Director, to effectively utilise the budgets of each release.
- Devise effective and innovative digital campaigns in conjunction with the digital marketing team, integrating all elements of digital activity into each campaign.
- Instigate and manage photo shoots, video shoots and creation of all creative content to support all release campaigns.
- Develop and initiate innovative ideas for merchandising opportunities.
- Work closely with the label – A&R/Digital/Press/Promotions/Sales etc. to deliver connected and cutting-edge strategies across the business.
- Work with audience team to plan and execute market research to inform campaign planning, timing, excellence and longevity.
- Work closely with the commercial team to undertake operational and creative responsibility for the Islands E-Commerce programme.
- Build consensus within the company through use of diplomatic and presentational skills to maximise the internal dynamic.
- Develop strong relationships with artists and artist management.
- Ensure all information is accurately communicated to all departments regarding release plans, changes, developments etc.
- Be prepared to adapt job, role and requirements to suit an ever-changing music landscape.
- Knowledge of charts, trends and artists.
- Ability to identify and nurture artist talent.
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions.
- Drive, motivation and managerial skills to take projects successfully from inception to completion, often simultaneously and under pressure.
- An interest in breaking new UK & international acts with the versatility to work with campaigns of all sizes and budgets.
- Knowledge of effectively managing budgets to minimise financial spend within own projects.
- An ability to develop innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies.
- Success at incorporating digital activity into marketing campaigns.
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and outstanding presentational ability.
- Experience in negotiating with artists, artist management, internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience managing the creation of videos and other additional content, including briefing creative agencies.
- Experience instigating and managing photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts.
- Good humoured with all the above, whilst also having extensive musical & creative taste.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.