AD & Messaging Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
We are currently seeking an AD & Messaging Manager with deep level expertise in O365 Messaging, Exchange, Active Directory, Azure AD & Security. As a key member of the UMG Technical Services team, the AD & Messaging Manager leads the team responsible to ensure Active Directory and the entire messaging stack functions at peak efficiency across UMG’s diverse global enterprise environment. The position will be a team leader working to expand and mature the O365 Messaging solution and Active Directory within our enterprise.
In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Using your expertise in Exchange and O365 Messaging, and background in identity and access management least the AD & Messaging team.
- Manage a team to review, update, install, and operate the features and best practices of AD & Messaging, creating a secure, sustainable, and highly automated environment that meets UMG’s requirements across all on-prem and cloud-based footprints.
- Manage a global team to execute AD, Exchange, and O365 Messaging projects and initiatives across the organization for both in house and cloud solutions
- Review, update, install, and train others on the features and best practices of O365 messaging, creating a secure, sustainable, and highly automated environment that meets UMG’s requirements across all on-prem and cloud-based footprints.
- Working with the team, identify the tools and techniques to translate UMG needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions.
- Apply expertise in the administration and configuration of the O365 messaging platform, including conducting routine solution maintenance, monitoring the health of the platform, and automation of processes and routine tasks needed for to ensure a secure AD and messaging environment
- Functioning as third tier support work to ensure break/fix, upgrades, patches, and performance or integration related issues are completed in a timely manner for both AD & O365 Messaging.
- Create automated periodic reports as required, and address any discrepancies found.
- Support critical messaging functions, including maintenance, patch identification and publication, and ensure that new features are tested within the UMG environment prior to being upgrades enabled.
- Collaborate to provide system design proposals, analysis, cost analysis and hardening designs (including data security) of systems and servers in the messaging stack including installations, upgrades, patches, as well as documentation with primary responsibility for the implementation, management, support and maintenance of various systems within the messaging environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop consensus, drive results, and execute overall projects on time and within budget
- Develop and mature the AD & Messaging controls and processes along with implementing/ integrating supporting technologies.
- Translate strategic plans into projects and operationalized goals with priorities, executing effectively to deliver on the strategy.
- Develop and implement appropriate Key Performance Indicators and relevant metrics to demonstrate program status and efficacy.
- Communicate project updates and outcomes to project stakeholders, executive leadership.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop consensus, drive results and complete project plans on time and within budget
- Plan and develop security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Lead steady state and continuous improvement efforts for AD & Messaging technologies for globally diverse solutions.
- Collaborate and provide support for the SSO and Federations teams as required.
- Support the enterprise AD & Messaging platform to enable a secure and enhanced authentication experience for enterprise users.
- Knowledge and experience with information security, Authorization and Authentication systems, infrastructure and implementation techniques is a key component to this role.
- Maintain accurate documentation of processes for areas of responsibility.
Bring your VIBE:
- 10+ years of experience in Identity and 7+ years of experience managing a team in a global enterprise environment
- Thorough knowledge and work experience on Azure Active Directory and related authentication/authorization technologies
- Strong hands-on experience with Active Directory solutions, including Azure AD.
- O365 Messaging & Exchange expertise
- Email administration, configuration, implementations, designs, and troubleshooting
- Minimum of 12 years directly related experience in O365 messaging and exchange, including mail flow/delivery, SMTP, messaging security, email retention and discovery
- Advanced experience with script development (PowerShell/Python preferred)
- Able to work with confidential and sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality.
- A high level of technical ability for diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem analysis with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Technical competence in the following:
- Exchange, including hybrid environments
- O365 Messaging
- Security protocols such as LDAP-S, SAML, WS-Federation, SCIM, OAuth, and OIDC
- AD and Azure AD
- Component services & areas: domain design, PKI, DDNS, DHCP, Directory Services including directory services replication/synchronization, Kerberos, Active Directory, DEA (Directory Enabled Applications), LDAP-S, AD integration security, federation services and Forest system context management for application services
- Demonstrated current work experience leading engineering, customizing, and integrating Active Directory as well as enterprise O365 messaging stacks
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team. As the manager of the team, ability to work unsupervised, prioritize workload for the team, and mentor other team members as required is essential
- Comfortable in a global fast-paced enterprise team environment, with ability to adjust to changing priorities and schedules, and balance support and project work
- Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach, demonstrating effective communication with multiple internal/external stakeholders in a global business environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Network Security, or related field
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing skills and project/program management experience
- IT Certifications including Microsoft Certifications, CISSP, and ITIL v3 Foundation certifications
- International experience beneficial; multiple language skills a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.