Job title: Asset Manager, Content & Finance Technology
Responsible to: Senior Manager, Content & Finance Technology
Department: Mercury Studios
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role will support the Senior Manager, Finance and Content Technology in onboarding the company’s longform content through a hybrid supply chain, navigating through various workflows and processes. The role will work with several business functions to onboard, schedule and deliver assets accurately and timely, ensuring that the vision of the content acquisition team is achieved.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Provide expertise in asset onboarding, management, and delivery of materials within the Mercury Studios/UMG global digital supply chain. This includes systems (Digs, Release Workspace, GRS, etc…)
- Liaise with internal teams in addition to external UMG colleagues to establish a cohesive and transparent content technology workflow
- Resolve longform assets and supply chain issues accurately, ensuring the solutions work for all the parts of the business and deadlines are adhered to
- Resolve and escalate technical issues with the different business partners.
- Support the Senior Manager’s vision as it pertains to content onboarding, technology and rights management
- Assist the VP of Content Acquisition in fulfilling the overall longform video strategy
- Provide progress reports of delivered content and revenue streams.
- Assessing incoming master files and metadata quality against UMG’s global standards
- Manage asset remediation approvals for onboarding. Including but not limited to, captions, transcripts, cue-sheets, ratings, and resolution as it pertains to UMG longform content
- Oversee the onboarding/liaising with wider asset management teams to bring masters in house, including master preparation for licensing or supply chain distribution
- Identifying and remediating artwork asset issues
- Assist the team with acquisitions rights management for UMG longform or third-party content
- Work with Systems Coordinator for R2, GRS & cpOnline and other relevant systems updates, ensuring our repertoire management is kept up to date
- A detailed understanding of assets requirements and related issues (desirable, not essential).
- Experience in video release management
- Experience in quickly understanding new business supply chain systems and processes.
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for and initiative over personal workload.
- Excellent coordination, communication, reporting and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible to juggle priorities and meet all deadlines.
- Personable and co-operative approach, strong verbal, and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues, key internal and external business contacts.
- Experience in digital asset management systems / release support / delivery processes (desirable, not essential)
- Strong passion for and knowledge of audio-visual content and music
- Driven and results orientated
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.