Associate, People Business Partner
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
HOW WE LEAD:
Our People, Inclusion & Culture team is growing at UMG! We are currently seeking an Associate, HR Business Partner (also known as our Associate, People Business Partner), to provide generalist support across several business units and labels, in partnership with our HR Director(s) & VPs. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, assisting with employee-relations inquiries, providing great internal client support, and driving HR functional excellence, compliance, and process improvement for the business.
How You'll CREATE:
- Provides guidance to managers and employees on general HR questions, policies and processes
- Assists managers with job descriptions, job leveling and promotion/compensation recommendations.
- Under the direction of the HR Director(s), helps to execute company-wide and function-specific HR initiatives and programs, including: annual compensation review/bonus process, employee pulse surveys, new employee onboarding, absence and leave administration, team-engagement efforts, etc. This may include facilitating focus groups and other sessions with managers and leaders.
- Supports effective resolution of employee / manager employee relations matters. Researches cases and partners with HR Director & Employee Relations.
- Participates in/contributes to HR projects and special projects
- Manages onboarding & offboarding related processes
- Analyzes employment trends and shares with the broader Business Partner team
- Creates custom reports, spreadsheets, project plans, presentations and other documentation to support HR initiatives as needed.
- Recommends process improvements and highlights opportunities for increased consistency/efficacy across HR and cross-functional colleagues & teams
- Duties, responsibilities and client groups that you work with may change and evolve based on business needs
Bring your VIBE:
- BS/BA in Business or Human Resources Management or related field desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, including some combination of knowledge or experience in HR practices, policies & procedures; employee relations; and state and federal labor law.
- Comfortable being “visible” (virtually and in-office) to employees across multiple business units; Experience with answering general employee questions on a day-to-day basis
- Results-oriented self-starter focused on continuous improvement and a progressive, solution-based approach to HR.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively interface with individuals at various levels of the organization and provide appropriate counseling and feedback as necessary.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Windows, Visio (or other Org Chart program), Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and willingness to work hard to contribute to the successful implementation of our strategic initiatives and programs.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a Hybrid environment: UMG’s Future of Work is in-office & remote, 2-3 days/week. Must be open to working in our NYC office 2-3 days/week.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.