Social Media and Communications Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
The Social Media and Communications Manager is responsible for administering, curating and growing the Ingrooves brand across our social accounts. You will be responsible for content creation, strategic campaign planning, analytics, reporting, SEO and goal setting to achieve our marketing goals, support business development and ensure brand consistency. This role will also manage brand marketing creative materials and editorial for global marketing and communications initiatives, as well as, the company, website, blog, newsletters, and internal and external communication, enabling the company to speak with a cohesive voice anywhere in the world.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Be the company’s voice on social media by creating and posting daily content on all platforms to promote artist and label success, new music news, company news, best practices, product updates, and initiatives to grow brand awareness, support clients, build business and establish Ingrooves as a leader in the industry.
- Must be a social media native and expert in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn marketing.
- Create content calendar and create content using photos, GIFs and video as well as repurpose existing content newsletters, product, sales collateral, regional marketing materials.
- Creative copyrighting: including social media posts, newsletters, blog posts, website posts, advertising, invitations, business development and industry marketing materials.
- Construct detailed creative briefs for design projects to provide direction, tone, and campaign goals to designer for guidelines.
- Research and provide feedback on new marketing opportunities in target markets, including events, sponsorships, ad support, campaign amplification.
- Support company events and conferences, as needed.
- Suggest and implement new features and tactics to expand brand awareness and engagement.
- Communicate with followers, respond to inquiries and monitor customer reviews.
- Identify engaging client content to promote on socials, YouTube, website, newsletters and blog.
- Analyze and disseminate marketing data including but not limited to Google Analytics, paid search.
- Liaison with internal teams, finance and vendors as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- The candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a creative marketing position. Brand, music industry, entertainment experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders with multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in creative software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere (or similar), HTML, CRM (Dynamics), as well as Microsoft Office applications, and project management software.
- Experience in maintaining corporate and/or entertainment websites using content management software.
- Ability to create robust newsletters, write and proof brand materials.
- Experience in digital advertising, SEO, and video/audio editing.
- Experience with event marketing, sponsorship and advertising.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and generating performance reports.
- Ability to liaise professionally with high visibility among all departments and global territories.
- Correspond and collaborate with multiple vendors, partners, and clients.
- Requires an attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to stay self-motivated and deliver on tasks with little supervision.
- Requires the ability to reason and foster decision-making skills while working through day-to-day work solutions.
- Computer, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere, HTML editors, Google Chrome, copier/ scanner
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.