Commercial Projects Co-ordinator
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is looking for a team co-ordinator to provide support across the whole Commercial Projects team, which sits within Commercial Affairs.
Commercial Projects is a cross-functional team, working across a variety of different areas within the business, with a core focus on digital curation, creator/influencer marketing and physical product optimisation.
A typical day might involve building playlist products, ensuring our priority tracks are included, as well as making sure artist profiles and channels are commercially optimised across all major streaming and social platforms.
You might also run some analysis across UMG’s vinyl catalogue and make suggestions for new products or campaigns.
Finally, you could help co-ordinate a creator marketing campaign for one of our superstar artists across multiple different territories.
We’re looking for a highly organised, self-starting all-rounder who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and be pro-active when needed. Someone who is adept with numbers but also engaged with social media and content trends.
Whilst experience in digital media or commercial isn’t necessarily required, the right applicant should be a music-loving problem-solver, who is eager to learn about developments in the wider media industry and best practise in operations and commercial strategy.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage project timelines across a variety of disciplines
- Schedule conference calls and meetings as required
- Send regular newsletters and team updates to a wider audience
- Keep track of budgets
- Help deep-dive into market/partner specific analysis covering physical sales, revenue, and artist-specific consumption and performance
- Draw conclusions or hypotheses from data
- Interpret and visualise insights and data within presentations
- Build and maintain excellent relationships internally with global commercial teams as well as the Music Strategy team, based in LA
- Assist with various projects across the team
- Demonstrate an ability to spot new market trends on social media platforms and identify commercial opportunities
- Conceptualize creator marketing campaigns
- Get to know UMG’s catalogue and come up with innovative ways to curate it
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and proactive nature
- Ability to remain calm and positive in an often-pressured environment
- Any level of experience with any / all digital media technology platforms (Facebook / Instagram, Google, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok)
- Experience of using data and numbers to deliver insights into projects
- Strong Excel skills
- A love of music
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.