We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing Director / Product Manager who will handle marketing campaign strategy for multiple artists and projects across the Def Jam roster. The Director will work closely with the Department Head and all other departments within Def Jam (A&R, Revenue, Creative, Digital, PR, Radio) to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for a range of artists – from new signings to global superstars. Successful candidates should have a strong understanding of artist development; streaming, digital and traditional retail/revenue business; live touring, events and festivals; creative and content strategy; long-term budget and P+L management; artist relations and the ability to collaborate with artists and music executives daily in and out of the office.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for artists’ music and music-related products across the Def Jam roster. These include but are not limited to: single / EP /albums, music videos and video content, merchandise and direct-to-consumer business.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across A&R, Retail + Revenue, Product Development, Digital, TV & Film Licensing, and Artist Management to support priority projects, artists, and brands.
- Help guide and execute artist branding, creative materials and original content specific to each campaign.
- Proactively communicate goals and project analysis with all departments inside the company, and to artist management and agents.
- Regularly interface with artists and management on all aspects of commercial release plan and marketing strategy to insure the success of the project.
- Understand and analyze the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 4+ Years’ Experience, Marketing Director / Product Manager
- Experience working with record companies, artist management, talent agencies
- Strong ability to successfully define and drive project management and execution
- Creative thinker with ability to generate innovative marketing ideas
- Strong understanding of DSP trends and emerging streaming business (Spotify, Apple, Soundcloud, YouTube)
- Social media savvy, with experience on platforms and understanding of associated data
- Strong skills in communication, presentation, writing, and able to work well cross-functionally
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Nielson statistics analysis (Soundscan, Mediabase).
- BA/BS Degree
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.