Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a worldwide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength
How we LEAD:
Versatile Menswear designer with acute sense of fashion and street trend, with ability to build appropriate product to drive sales strategies for all tiers of retail, in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Design and execute all product categories/capsules seasonally in partnership with VP
- Market research – competitive shopping, internet research, new trend research
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages - line sheets, stats, flat
- sketches, artwork/layouts, trims
- Partner with PD & production to source w/ appropriate vendor, select and approve styles,
- materials, trims, colors, with knowledge of pricing parameters
- Lead fit sessions with TD for both proto development and production
- Collaborate with graphics team on art development, adjustments or special requests
- Create cohesive, impactful product presentations to pitch to retailers
- Constant communication and collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Manage design approvals/revision requests with artist/brand management
How you’ll CREATE:
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience. Within knitwear & graphic/print experience a plus.
- Demonstrated creative ability, proven design expertise
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), Keynote
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines (multi-task)
- Team player
- Clear communication
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Bring your VIBE:
- Unstoppable work ethic.
- Passion for music discovery and the creative process.
- Expert understanding of the music marketplace, with specific focus on hip hop and R&B.
- Strong network of relationships with artists, managers, producers, songwriters, and tastemakers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the recording process.
- In touch with current trends and digital media.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.