Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
The Universal Music Publishing Film & TV Music licensing team is looking for a detail-oriented, efficient individual for an Administrator position to work within our fast-paced Film & TV Music Licensing department. The right candidate will have general knowledge of music licensing and be able to multi task at a high level. Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to work mindfully within a team-driven atmosphere. A strong passion for music is a must!
How you’ll CREATE:
- Answer phones for the department
- Manage and maintain department contacts
- Handle expense reports for the team
- Book travel for Vice President and department
- Schedule department meetings with songwriters and managers
- Contact record labels to track down music audio files
- Coordinate UMPG live show schedules, putting together show invitations for our clients and manage guest list/tickets
- Listen to and organize incoming global UMPG music for weekly department listening meeting
- Key point of contact for all international affiliates licensing U.S. copyrights for audiovisual productions originating in foreign territories
- Inform foreign synch teams of our current US priorities
- Upload music demos to shared drive
- Liaison between US A&R team and sync team - working directly with our librarians to help ingest all new and upcoming music
- Correspond with copyright department regarding writer and publishing split information
- Create music pitch reports and licensing reports when requested
Bring your VIBE:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure/deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Resolution-oriented with the ability to think and act independently
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.