Digital Preservation Engineer (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role sits within the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team reporting to the manager of Digital Audio Services. The core basis of your role will be providing audio verification and preservation support for Universal Music archives and core businesses.
The reason for this is to ensure that all assets adhere to UMG Global Standards. The department is very client focused and prides itself on ensuring high standards are upheld throughout all processes.
In this position you will need to be able to undertake a range of requisite technical tasks, whilst maintaining a professional and personable attitude. Due to the supportive nature of this position, flexibility around working hours is to be expected when deadlines need to be met.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- In conjunction with other members of the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team provide support for all departments within Universal Music and clients to a high standard in an efficient and pro-active manner
- Deal tactfully with clients, internally and externally, at all times while passing on any significant concerns to colleagues or members of the Management team when and where necessary
- This role is often subject to demanding situations. The ability to prioritise workload in a timely manner is essential
- Work closely with the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team and colleagues to learn the relevant technologies where necessary and develop in the role
- The Engineer must have excellent technical knowledge of OSX, Excel, DAWs and preferably some experience of recording studios and recording techniques
- High attention to detail and ownership of tasks
- Experience of working in a strong customer focused environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to fault find and problem solve
- An understanding of recording studio equipment
- A knowledge of databases
- Analytical skills in a technical environment desirable
- Flexible approach to working and supporting the team
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.