Business Affairs Administrative Assistant
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Interscope Records is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant who is very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. The right candidate will also possess a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality and will ideally have experience in supporting a team within a Business Affairs or music licensing environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the SVP of Business Affairs within the Business & Legal Affairs team.
- Answer phones and direct inquiries appropriately with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.
- Review incoming document deliveries and distribute accordingly.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Make travel arrangements and complete travel and expense reports.
- Assist with and be part of the team ensuring that all necessary side-artist and sample clearances are obtained for the release of a song and/or video.
- Assist with getting all necessary paperwork for processing payments.
- Keep detailed and organized information tracking chart.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- 2-3 years’ administrative assistant experience within entertainment or business legal affairs preferred
- BA in business administration, music, or related degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Must thrive in a fast pace environment and able to work under limited supervision
- Excellent written, verbal, and outgoing/upbeat interpersonal skills
- Highly dependable, proactive and can be relied upon to complete tasks
- Willingness to aggressively chase down information
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform research, summarize info and report back findings
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity EmployerDisclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change