Senior Financial Analyst
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This individual will assist the director/VP of Finance in the preparation and submission of company’s forecast and annual budget. Responsibilities include analyzing and reporting the consolidated cashflow forecast submissions for the US entities, maintaining various financial models, and providing cashflow variance explanations to management. This position will be working closely with the various business units to ensure cash forecast is captured accurately, monitor daily cash activities and the company’s net cash positions against forecast. The ideal candidate will involve in enhancing current systems and processes, supporting executive level presentations, and performing ad hoc projects.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Assist with the completion and submission of company’s annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Coordinate the submission and consolidation of business units cash forecasts.
- Actively monitor and manage cash activities against forecast and identify any potential issues.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cash forecast reports and analysis with insights into cash variances versus prior forecasts and actuals.
- Partner with business unit finance teams to improve forecasting processes and timing, as well as variance explanations.
- Maintain both direct and indirect cashflow forecast financial models and assist with the preparation of full balance sheet submission.
- Improve processes and systems/models to provide more visibility, better comparative and trend analytics, and reporting efficiency/automation.
- Collaborate with accounting and various departments to improve reporting needs as required for analysis.
- Assist with ad hoc project assignments and financial reporting.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Requires 3-5 year experience in Finance or Accounting, with a strong understanding of direct and indirect cashflow methods.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements.
- Familiarity with bank cash management systems, SAP, and HFM.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- Advance Excel skills with experience working with macros, complex functions and queries.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.