International Marketing Manager
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UK International represents the global interests of Universal Music’s prestige labels and artists.
In this role you will be working with those UK labels and alongside worldwide Universal affiliates to plan and implement global marketing artist campaigns across the UK roster.
The focus of the role is on building strong and creative campaigns, focussing on, but not limited to, marketing and promotion.
It’s important that we understand varying music consumption across the world and which genres work in which market, which means our job is ever evolving.
This role depends on having knowledge and the ability to construct campaigns across several genres with a focus (but not limited to) UK rap, Afrobeat, R&B, Grime & Drill.
It is important that there is a strong connection with the culture of these genres and musical trends and media and a passion for marketing them globally.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Plan, initiate and execute global marketing campaigns across your roster
- Work with repertoire owners to shape a timeline and approach that works globally
- Devise innovative marketing strategies while working with international colleagues to ensure campaigns are delivered on a global level
- Plan ideas around online activity and spend, DSP support, brands, insight, and sync in addition to traditional marketing ideas
- Develop original and creative marketing ideas to set your artist campaigns apart
- Produce and present promotional ideas for each artist and implement them with local labels and artist management
- Develop creative vision for the long-term future of your roster of artists
- Work with domestic A&Rs on potential global opportunities for your artists
- Work closely with our markets to ensure marketing tools are creative and relevant - adapting where required but also initiating bespoke assets where required
- Liaise closely with the UK Labels regarding marketing campaigns to ensure that their plan is efficiently executed as communicated
- Develop and sustain relationships with artist managers
- Work closely with the markets to help in the understanding of retail physical / digital / streaming marketing landscape with reference to the artists and projects which you are responsible for
- Help Repertoire owners to capture build and manage artist data
- Maintain a good flow of communication with your line manager and team leader - highlighting issues in a timely fashion and utilising internal resources to maximise effectiveness of campaigns
- Compile regular reports and schedules for line manager and team leader and submit regular updates on your artists/projects to all the markets and managers
- Travel to markets to oversee local promotion, liaise and assist artists and managers
- Travel to attend meetings and shows when required
- Passion for music, especially across the detailed genres
- Highly motivated – a self-starter with an appetite to drive campaigns
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly literate in online / social marketing campaigns with ability to learn and adapt to a changing market
- Available and willing to travel
- Team player
- Disciplined and organised – excellent time management skills
- Flexible and capable of juggling responsibilities
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast moving and rapidly developing roster
- Excellent knowledge of current the global streaming market and trends
- Financial and budget planning
- Strong negotiation skills
- UK Label Experience
- Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of brands & sync
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.