Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Eagle Rock Entertainment is an international producer and distributor of music films and programming for cinema, television, DVD, Blu-ray, and downloadable media. Based in London, Eagle Rock has produced and/or distributed live concert and documentary films and programmes in various formats, featuring Talk Talk, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Moody Blues, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Toto, The Doors, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, Madonna, Nirvana, U2, Metallica, Eminem, Talking Heads, Jeff Beck, Katy Perry and many more.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
To be the main point of responsibility for owning all aspects of day to day Financial Accounting for Eagle Rock.
Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders at UMG and Eagle Rock, across Finance, IT, Commercial, Royalties, Legal and Tax departments.
- Preparation and oversight of month end financials within corporate deadlines, including all accruals, interface closings, journals, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Responsible for the monthly HFM submission to corporate finance, monthly management pack preparation and variance analysis on cash flow and the P&L.
- Preparation of Royalty and copyright accruals and taking responsibility to ensure these accounts are routinely reconciled to the royalty system.
- Financial accounting ownership, including preparing statutory accounts and being the liaison with our external auditors.
- Assist the CFO / COO in maintaining an effective control framework, including designing and implementing approval mechanisms for key commercial decisions as well as implementing & maintaining strong RTR, PTP & OTC controls.
- Ensuring that for all investments we are tracking financial information and reporting on their success against our KPIs.
- Assisting the CFO / COO in compiling the annual budget and quarterly forecasts as well as taking responsibility for submissions to corporate finance, board packs and analysis.
- Maintaining supplier relationships and ensuring key contracts are adhered to.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with tax legislation and that appropriate film tax credit structures are in place for our film productions business.
- Liaising with A&R, business affairs and the royalty and production teams to ensure we are preparing P&Ls and ROI analysis for all artist advances and documentaries the business invests in.
- Assisting the label CFO/COO with any commercial, financial and internal controls work that may be required.
- Provide commercial and financial analysis to the CFO/COO and other stakeholders within the group.
- Professionally Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience (ACA or ACCA).
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Accounting or Finance with a strong academic record.
- Extensive experience with preparing Statutory Accounts and Audit files.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- The ability to operate at both a senior financial level as well as the more detailed, hands on capacity necessary.
- Self-motivated with good organisational and communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience with SAP, TM1, BeX Analyser, K-Trinity & HFM reporting suites.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Previous experience in media /music business.
- Past experience and good understanding of Database queries.
- Previous experience in working with outsourced RTR and PTP functions.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.