Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Caroline is the label services division of Universal Music - offering individually tailored solutions on a global scale, including, but not limited to marketing, promotion, sales and distribution - assisting artists and labels to retain their independence whilst leveraging the strengths of a major label.
Working in conjunction with the Senior Sales Manager and National Account Manager, you will assist with the day to day running of the UK commercial team, managing internal administration of the selling process across Caroline.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Compile all relevant release information templates for communication to commercial accounts within a timely & professional manner including:
- Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music & all other DSP pitch sheets
- HMV catalogue upload sheets & New Release planner
- Amazon co-op & media planner
- Supermarket new line forms
- Indies sell-in grid
- Compile & communicate weekly email reminder for DSP pitch information & physical sales notes required for the next week’s pitching.
- Collate late Apple IDs & source various batch delivery IDs for DSP communication.
- Pitch all electronic & urban new releases to Ministry of Sound on a weekly basis for inclusion in their curated Apple playlists.
- Monitor the Retail Activity Planner, ensure Label & Product Managers deliver artwork for stores on time.
- Compile DSP marketing assets & plans weekly for communication out to relevant DSPs.
- Become an Amazon vendor central expert. Deal with feed issues & content enrichment on store.
- Raising and approving Amazon markdowns/claims.
- Help manage tour stock for artist & label partners - chasing tour stock requirements, setting up accounts, ensuring payments are made to keep in credit and chasing up deliveries.
- Help compile weekly sales meeting agenda & take minutes for distribution.
- Compile weekly pre-order report along with commentary & send to business.
- Manage sales note and external schedule mailout to key partners incl. independent sales team.
- Compile & distribute key release market share report for Caroline management.
- Compile daily splits midweek tracker for new releases to aid with forecasting.
- Compile weekly new release physical ships & stock levels. Communicate to all relevant parties.
- Compile the instore sales report.
- Help administer Returns process for physical partners.
- Help create & maintain an ongoing activity calendar, ensuring all significant dates for our live projects are plugged in to help with overall organisation as well as re-pitching & communication to accounts.
- Liaise with Product Managers & Indie team to plan instore appearances & routing.
- Send out Caroline gig list to key contacts & compile ticket requests.
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills.
- Highly organised with proven administrative skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
- Good IT skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint.
- Good team player with ability to form excellent working relationships at all levels within the company.
- Commercially aware.
- Good knowledge & passion for music.
- Knowledge & previous use of Business Objects (training can be provided).
- Previous relatable experience in a Commercial position.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge & awareness of the ever-changing retail & digital environment.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.