Site Services Assistant Manager
Job title: Site Services Assistant Manager
Responsible to: Site Services Manager
Department: Technical & Facilities
Location of work: Abbey Road
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
To provide assistance to the Site Services Manager in the day-to-day running of facilities operations at Abbey Road Studios. Provide mechanical and electrical (M&E) support and supervision throughout the site. Support the site services and Abbey Road management teams for all planned installation project work to ensure smooth progression to successful completion on time and within budget. Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
To report to and provide support to the Site Services Manager on all site services systems.
- Assist in the management of any necessary works to ensure the successful operation of all contractor M&E systems at Abbey Road Studios.
- Negotiate with and supervise M&E contractors for installation and refurbishment projects across the site.
- Assist in the renegotiation of M&E contracts including cleaning and security contractors.
- Manage all 3rd party on-site risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist in the implementation and supervision of all health & safety systems.
- Supervise and assist in the management of the site’s COVID-19 risk assessment.
- Provide a point of contact for all site maintenance and security issues including out of hours contact for AC, intruder alarm and fire alarm issues.
- Provide a point of contact for daily communication with contract cleaning company supervisor.
- Comprehensive communication across the wider team and mentorship of other team members.
- Continually promote perception of the team and services throughout the business with a high customer service focus.
- Constant review of practice and procedures to improve department performance and bring efficiencies and cost savings, submitting recommendations to the Site Services Manager as appropriate.
- Attain and negotiate competitive quotes from contractor companies as appropriate.
- Conduct follow up and record regular building, housekeeping and health and safety audits as scheduled in the HSMS.
- Conduct workstation DSE assessments.
- Monitor & ensure statutory inspection of equipment as per legal requirements and insurance.
- Processing of invoices on Uniport system with allocation and management of appropriate budgets.
- Time management and overtime report sign-off for the members of the site services team.
- Produce statistical information for energy consumption as required.
- Demonstrable experience of managing delivery of diverse FM services within a customer focused environment, preferably including full site supervision.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills.
- Proactive approach to work - ability to prioritise, multi-task and pre-empt problems before they occur.
- Excellent communication and team spirit work ethic, diplomacy and resilience under pressure.
- Ability to provide support, coaching, guidance and development to others.
- Strong communicator, written and verbal; able to produce effective reports and business correspondence.
- Proven communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
- Flexibility and available to work evenings and weekends when scheduled with time off in lieu.
- Experience of commercial property maintenance and contractor supervision.
- HNC in M&E or equivalent
- First-hand knowledge and experience of AC systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (especially Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Pro-active, energetic & enthusiastic
Qualifications & Memberships:
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act (IOSH essential, NEBOSH desirable)
- British Institute of Facilities Management preferable.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.