Director, Digital Strategy
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Director of Digital Strategy that will play a critical role in developing digital business strategy, and strategic recommendations in the fast growth global digital music segment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with VP Strategy and Business Development to develop strategy for digital music opportunities, new business segments, technology shifts, global markets/territories and major digital partners.
- Serve as an internal consultant and advise on digital market development. Play a role in evaluating UMG’s digital strategic and business development direction through industry research and analysis, closely monitoring ongoing developments in the global digital music market and presenting relevant analyses and insights with actionable recommendations
- Work with data analytics and insight teams to develop valuable business intelligence to feed into strategic plans and recommendations
- Ensure clear communication from digital strategy to global stakeholders
- Support business development by evaluating potential content licensing deals, commercial models and digital opportunities
- Support VP Strategy and Business Development with major partner BD
- Provide support for strategic alignment with global partners
- Work with commercial teams to provide insight and support for digital operations.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Both a creative and analytical thinker that can turn insights and analysis into opportunities and successful business initiatives.
- Proven stakeholder management with the ability to build strong, successful relationships founded on collaboration
- Experience with data analysis, insights and financial modeling: Demonstrate excellence in the use and application of analysis tools such as advanced spreadsheets, SQL and analytics tools such as Domo, micro-strategy. Big Query etc.
- Excellent business translation and communication skills including, business writing and editing skills, competence with keynote, power point etc. Demonstrate the ability to turn complex ideas and insights into simple and understandable concepts.
- Knowledge and experience of the global music industry (both US and international).
- Establish knowledge and experience of the digital music ecosystem, and an understanding of relevant emerging technologies
- Provide experience and understanding of international business
- Experience in management/strategy consulting, financial analysis and the music industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA Preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.