We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The UMG Supply Chain Operations Team is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain for all Physical Products, including Music (Vinyl, CD and other) and Merchandise (T-shirts, accessories bundles, etc.). It includes the setup, manufacturing, and distribution of time sensitive media product in demanding retail and consumer direct markets.
The Planning Director will be responsible for all Supply Chain planning processes for all product configurations managed through the UMG Supply Chain Network. The Director will help ensure Global consistency in the planning processes, approach and tools collaborating with other UMG Operational teams. A major part of the Director’s responsibilities will be to support the implementation or advanced planning tools like Machine Learning and AI.
How you’ll CREATE:
Implement Advanced Planning tools and processes
- Join advanced planning project teams and help lead the definition, build, testing and implementation of the UMG Supply Chain Network planning tools and processes
- Collaborate with all UMG operations teams to align planning tools and processes
- Ensure Planning tools and processes are effective across all sales channels and product life cycles for all product families for music and merchandise
- Lead teams to incorporate advanced planning into release planning processes
- Revisit forecasting models for all product configurations and improve forecast accuracy leveraging advanced planning processes and tools
- Collaborate with UMG Commercial and Label Commercial teams to improve accuracy of demand planning processes for key accounts
- Support campaign management and planning and large re-orders as special planning events and incorporate into Demand and Capacity plans
Capacity and Load Planning
- Revisit and refine Capacity planning models for key suppliers for Music (Optical and Vinyl) and Merchandise
- Provide guidance to the UMG New Release and Catalog Planners in terms of Plant assignments, capacity utilization and planning contingencies
- Collaborate with UMG Operations teams and suppliers to maximize value through the Supply Chain network
- Collaborate with UMG Operations teams to trouble shoot issues, find creative solutions, and manage constraints when overcapacity situations occur
- Prepare and help facilitate Q4 (busy season) planning
Reporting & Analytics
- Develop and maintain Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance against established targets and benchmarks. Define opportunities to leverage Planning processes to drive improvement in performance.
- Generate weekly, monthly, or ad hoc reporting and data modeling to improve planning processes and all other Operations KPIs.
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce total delivered costs across the Supply Chain.
Global Supply Chain Management Support
- Support the planning and optimization of Global Sourcing efforts
- Focus on continuous improvement, consistently look for ways to improve current processes, methodologies, and systems to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Work with IT teams to implement system enabled process enhancements with respect to Planning tools and processes
- Provide back up support to other roles in the Supply Chain Operations organization
Bring your VIBE:
- Must be a though leader in advanced supply chain planning
- Demonstrated ability and success in developing exceptional planning teams and drive value throughout a global supply chain network
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure
- Must be highly proficient with planning processes, systems, and analytic tools
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and others)
- Takes initiatives, ownership, and follow-through
- Is positive, have high energy and drive
- Collaborate well with others
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, facts, and recommendations in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as Suppliers and Customers
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- Some travel will be required
- English language required
- Any other language is an asset
- 5-7 of experience and proven, positive track record in a Supply Chain planning and optimization
- 3 years of experience leading Supply Chain teams
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with analytic systems and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency across the supply chain. Solid understanding of Supply Chain Management operations, including manufacturing, logistics and general warehouse operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business. Related experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.