Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
Caroline is looking for a Director, International to be a part of the team located in Hollywood, CA who will be the primary liaison between the Caroline US and Caroline/UMG International organizations. This position is ideal for a candidate with 5+ years’ experience in the international marketing arena. Candidates must be comfortable and capable of working and building relationships with senior management, both inside and outside of the label, as well as their affiliates, artists and their management. In this dynamic, fast-moving role, you will need to apply strong self-organization and time management skills while demonstrating pro-active initiation and follow through on a broad range of actions. The ideal candidate possesses a firm working knowledge of international markets.
What Bandmember Are You?
In addition to strategic planning with international perspective, the ideal candidate will be able to support Caroline artists and label partners globally; monitor and oversee the implementation of international partnerships and marketing plans; and maintain constant communication between Caroline US and Caroline/UMG International regarding all ongoing campaigns and future business opportunities.
- Marketing Strategy: Oversight of global marketing strategies for artist campaigns in conjunction with label partners around the world.
- Project Management: Ability to assess campaigns and strategically change their course by having an understanding of the process.
- Marketing Plans: Guide our label partners in creating well thought, globally-minded creative plans.
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
- Community Relations: Understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of the music sector.
- Data Driven Analytics: Know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful.
- Culture Driven Focus: Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist/label partner within the culture of the scene.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 5+years’ experience in music industry marketing
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Advanced level artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience
- Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and able to build excellent professional working relationships
- Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organization (upwards and downwards)
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Domestic and International Travel required on a regular basis
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to deal with problems as they may arise
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives and artists
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Proven ability to successfully influence at all levels in an organization
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.