Senior Analytics Manager, UMG eCommerce
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for an Analytics Manager or Sr. Analytics Manager to join our team, preferably in Santa Monica, CA (but will consider New York for the right candidate). She or he will play a key role in packaging the reporting and analysis of eCommerce performance to share with UMG labels, Bravado, and artists.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Function as one of the primary eCommerce analytics resources for the UMG eCommerce business, regularly interfacing with marketing, technology, and finance teams in support of eCommerce initiatives.
- Leverage our suite of analytics tools to extract eCommerce, marketing, social, consumption, and audience data to feed into priority reports for various stakeholders.
- Build compelling reporting visuals and effectively communicate actionable insights to various audiences, including C-Suite and eCommerce group leadership.
- Compile eCommerce audits and reports that effectively communicate key insights to help guide eCommerce strategic and creative planning.
- Assume strategic ownership of UMG’s eCommerce data: meticulously assessing performance, vigilantly finding ways to optimize, and proactively filling knowledge gaps.
- Foster relationships with our label teams to gather requirements and ensure fulfillment of business objectives.
- Work with our data and IT teams to QA all data to maximize reporting integrity and reliability.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant direct experience required in analytics, consulting, strategy, or digital marketing.
- Experience in eCommerce analytics is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must be fully comfortable crafting actionable and compelling stories from large sets of data.
- A naturally confident critical-thinker who values the importance of always putting data into the appropriate context.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with polished written and verbal communication skills.
- A seasoned team player, accustomed to managing multiple projects with separate clients and deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Base-level familiar with eCommerce/marketing analytics systems (e.g. Shopify/Google Analytics), as well as standard BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo).
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools a plus (e.g. Monday.com).
- A. in economics, business, mathematics, or statistics preferred.
- Must love music!
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.