Senior Manager, TV
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: Billie Eilish, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Senior Manager, TV to assist our VP, Creative Licensing.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Responsible for pitching Interscope, Geffen and A&M’s songs, artists, frontline priorities and catalogue to clients for TV shows.
- Responsible for proactively seeking opportunities and responding to briefs with networks, studios and independent supervisors.
- Responsible for keeping track of all proactive pitches, working closely with publishers and the UME team to ensure clearance is properly facilitated and to assist the Creative Licensing department in the marketing of all releases.
- Manage and foster strong client relationships with TV networks, Streamers, Music Supervisors and showrunners.
- Liaise with clients and artists to deliver bespoke musical compositions or covers for featured TV uses.
- Attend label meetings, individual artist planning meetings and providing ad-hoc sync reports for the marketing teams.
- Set-up pitch meetings with clients to obtain new briefs.
Bring your VIBE:
- 4+ years of experience in creative licensing within the music or sync related industry
- Established relationships with TV networks, studios and independent music supervisors
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, motivated, self-starter and flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
- Deep knowledge of the Interscope roster music and interest in Film and TV
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communicator with excellent people skills.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.