Video Engineer (Quality Control) - TEMP-HIRE
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This role is responsible for supporting global video/technical operations team in our Los Angeles office. Primary workflows include performing video content QC and remediation, light closed captioning, transcoding, and editing tasks, and any administrative tasks related to the aforementioned functions. We have openings in our LA offices (Hollywood). These are true TEMP- HIRE opportunities.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Act as a technical point of contact and operator related to video production and post-production workflows
- Efficiently utilize various audio, video, and ancillary production and post-production tools (compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, subtitling and closed captioning software, as required) while ensuring the proper use of such tools by the wider team
- Edit, compress, and quality check audio, video, and captions program material for subsequent productization and archive
- Review (and create) automated + manual Master QC reports with an attention to detail to systematically flag potential issues or concerns with the content of those reports
- Update and maintain content metadata for incoming assets, utilizing 3rd party and proprietary tracking and asset management systems
- Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
Bring your VIBE:
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule and location, as needed, in order to meet the deadlines and requirements of our internal labels and partners.
- 3+ years of quality control experience in the digital video and audio post-production sectors
- Thorough working knowledge of video encoding, audio and video mastering and their common failures or technical challenges
- Strong expertise and experience in audio, video, and caption-based workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe Premiere
- The aptitude to normalize, modify and prepare file-based content to defined specifications and workflows
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting in a Mac-based work environment with a variety of 3rd party applications
- Keen knowledge of production/post-production infrastructure requirements as it relates to enabling overall supply chain workflows
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools, and methods related to video production and post-production
- Outgoing, creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passionate and collaborative team player