Junior Java Developer
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As a Junior Java Developer, you will be working in a small team with other talented developers to help build a web-based music publishing application that will be used world-wide by UMPG staff and clients. You will be involved in technical discussions, help drive new innovative ideas of designing software systems and make calls on what is feasible and what is not.
We require everyone to be well-rounded and continuously learn new things but this role may also require you to dive-deep into hard backend-issues.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Develop new features back to front as part of a team.
- Engage with other developers, testers, product owners and other departments.
- Liaise with the technical lead to promote great software design and quality.
- Experience with OO languages (preferably JAVA)
- Knowledge/ Experience of SQL / Relational Databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Knowledge / Exposure to SPA framework – e.g. react or angular
- Knowledge / Exposure to Spring Framework
- Knowledge / Exposure to Git SCM
- Knowledge / Exposure to Linux
- Interest in cloud technologies
- Interest to learn more about new languages and frameworks
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.