Coordinator, Experience & Site Merchandising
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Coordinator, Experience & Site Merchandising to provide support on frontend customer experience & optimization efforts across Interscope, Geffen, A&M eCommerce stores. This person will provide key support to the Senior Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising and the broader cross-functional team to develop & implement strategies to improve customer conversion, acquisition & retention rates for our stores. They will work side by side and collaborate with partners across UMG (Audience, Paid Media, Consumer Marketing, Data & Analytics, Global Insights, IT, etc.) to elevate the eCommerce experiences for our labels, rights owners (ROs), artists, and - most importantly - fans. Daily tasks include preparing analysis with insights and recommendations, keeping project management systems up-to-date and providing partners with the tools and updates needed to support our stores. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player who is ready to learn in a fast-paced environment at our eCommerce headquarters in Philadelphia.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support eCommerce experience & site merchandising efforts for IGA’s roster of stores, including:
- Front End Experience & Site Merchandising:
- Use sales data & fan insights to inform store merchandising (e.g., product placement, categorization).
- Deploy upsell & cross-sell tactics to increase average order value.
- Enable product discovery by leveraging evergreen categories (e.g., best sellers, new arrivals) and curated experiences (e.g., thematic collections, shopping guides).
- Campaign & Promotion Strategy:
- Assist with the creation of promotional strategies around new music and merch releases.
- Support evergreen store campaigns around key moments (e.g., holidays, events, anniversaries).
- Use tried and tested eCommerce drivers (e.g., discounts, gift with purchase programs, free shipping) to incentivize sales.
- Use bespoke content for artists or brands (e.g., blog posts, videos) to increase traffic and engagement.
- Leverage social commerce and 3rd party sales channels (e.g., Instagram Shopping, YouTube Merch Shelf, etc.) to meet customers where they are.
- Customer Acquisition & Retention:
- Support lead generation & customer acquisition programs (e.g., early access, sweepstakes).
- Work with the Audience and Paid Media teams on segmentation, targeting (e.g., triggered email flows, retargeting) and customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection.
- Support retention and loyalty tactics (e.g., personalized product recommendations, rewards programs) to increase Customer Lifetime Value (CLV).
- Performance Analysis & Optimization:
- Track, analyze & report performance to drive optimizations and inform planning & strategy.
- Create reports to provide to label and rights owners.
- Gather customer feedback through surveys & social listening.
- Front End Experience & Site Merchandising:
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-2 years working in marketing or related fields (internship or assistant experience is OK).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, upbeat personality, team player, no ego.
- Tech-savvy, strong computer/internet/research skills
- Passionate about music (bonus points if within the IGA roster) and a solid understanding of fandom.
- Strong passion or interest in eCommerce.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight schedules while maintaining production of high-quality work
- Self-accountability to follow through with proper consistent updates to stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding and working knowledge of analytics and reporting.
- A plus, but not required:
- Experience in the entertainment industry
- CRM/Email marketing experience
- Understanding of UX principles and consumer behavior
- Frequent online shopping
- Project management experience
- Experience with Shopify
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.