At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
This position will play key role in the Finance department. The Associate Controller will be responsible for overseeing the majority of accounting functions – including month end close, AP, AR and others. Role will own these processes and direct central accounting team members to ensure smooth month end and other accounting cycles.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work across UMG globally to manage the accounting behind international deal flow
- Develop accounting processes that facilitate business reporting
- Consolidate multiple entities and own management reporting package
- Direct central accounting team to deliver accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Track and report on cash flow, providing input into ongoing cash flow forecasting on a regular basis
- Serve as primary point of contact on all accounting/audit issues
- Oversee vendor setup and maintenance to ensure partners get paid in a timely fashion
- Analyze and report on cost variances
- Assist with annual budgeting
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP / IFRS
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (including budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Provides ongoing review of accounting entries to ensure accuracy and a smooth month end close cycle
- Extremely detail-oriented, excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deal with tight deadlines
- Willingness to work outside normal responsibilities to achieve desired results
- Ability to problem-solve, particularly with technical issues
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite and possess outstanding Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required (or equivalent professional experience), MBA and/or CPA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.