We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Graphic Designer to create design assets on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. This person must be comfortable with working on a variety of projects ranging from product mockups, presentation deck layouts, social media graphics, gifs, styling/theming Shopify stores, and more. Last-minute requests, on-call evenings and some weekend work will be a part of the role.
This person must be able to take initiative, accurately interpret both internal and client feedback into designs, and articulate creative design concepts. Experience with apparel graphic design and production art is a plus. Candidate should have experience within CMS Platforms like WordPress and eCommerce platforms like Shopify.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Create beautiful and realistic product mockups for display in artist stores with quick turnaround expectations
- Develop original social media, website, and merchandise designs with quick turnaround expectations
- Design and refine presentation decks for a variety of needs
- Consistently deliver designs that meet and exceed both client expectations and internal standards
- Comfortably manage a high volume of client design jobs on an ongoing basis
- Work directly with cross-functional teams and clients to realize their design goals, gathering feedback and ensuring timely project delivery
- Collaborate with the rest of the creative team to meet goals and deadlines across multiple projects
- Collaborate with Senior Designer to educate store management team on platform capabilities
- Inform feature set roadmap for e-commerce tech product
- Work with a range of clients in the entertainment business
- Occasionally work on website design and branding as necessary
Bring your VIBE:
- 2+ years’ experience working as a graphic designer in a professional setting
- Degree in Graphic Design or an adjacent field
- Proficiency in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- High level of comfort working on tight turnaround times
- High level of comfort accepting and integrating client feedback into design projects
- Availability to be on-call for select after-hours and weekend jobs
- Ability to follow brand guidelines but bring something new to the table
- Ability to integrate and adapt to changing client feedback
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Highly creative and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Apparel, basic knowledge of HTML/WordPress, and e-commerce experience is a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!