Head of Domestic Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is in search of a Head of Domestic Marketing to be based in Bangkok.
About the role:
To oversee the domestic marketing department. To create, execute and manage successful marketing campaigns centred on creativity and understanding of cultures for Universal Music Thai Artists. Maximise the changing dynamics in technology, fan engagement, media and PR to relate the cut-through exposure for our campaigns.
- Implement marketing strategies for the label and artists.
- Oversee all consumer marketing plans related to frontline artists, projects and activities.
- Work closely with the other heads of department and their teams to deliver the best overall campaigns for the artists.
- Guide and mentor the marketing team in their day to day jobs and development. Empower curiosity and foster creativity in the team.
- Educating and advising the team in making sure they have complete awareness of the key elements and practises required in the modern music industry.
- Responsible for management of Creative Manager and ensuring that the creative visual output delivered by the department is of the highest standard and quality.
- Making sure Universal Music Thailand offers most forward thinking and dynamic marketing proposition in the industry.
- Build relationships internally and externally to the benefit of the label and our artists.
- Responsible for setting and managing marketing budgets in forecast, and in the execution of campaigns.
- Working closely with the Head of Commercial & Digital, in devising DSPs strategies and having full awareness and knowledge of the commercial space. In addition, partner with Head of Commercial & Digital to align on media buying strategy for each release.
- To understand the financial part of the business and work closely with the Financial Director to deliver cost effective campaigns.
- Understanding the potential of our catalogue and how the marketing departments can maximise that potential.
- Oversee Live activities (Large concerts, sponsored events) for our artists.
- Have strong awareness of culture and trends.
- Final approval of video budgets with Finance Director.
- The contact and approval of tour support requests for artists.
- Be creative, be different and be adventurous.
- Seek new opportunities that benefit our business and bring value to our artist campaigns.
- Track-record in delivering successful marketing campaigns for established and also developing and new artists.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully on all levels.
- Demonstrated team player, leadership and client relationship skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and multiple levels simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proven commercial and creative acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Influencer & Relationship-builder.
- Product & customer judgement.
- Fast thinking, hard working.
- Ability to act on initiative.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.