Job title: Commercial Intern
Responsible to: Commercial Manager
Department: Virgin EMI
Location of work: 4PS, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen.Ryder@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Commercial Intern will work alongside the Commercial Manager providing support and assistance to them and the department as necessary.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Collate weekly marketing & production info for Commercial Manager.
- Help prepare any documents for weekly meetings – i.e. Streaming reports, OTC, Charts / mid-week reports, pre-order reports, chart markers, competitor schedule, as well as other relevant Sales info reports.
- Update and maintain ticketing register.
- Update e-Commerce forecasting document.
- Collate all detail required for launching D2C album pre-orders and provide assets to Central e-Commerce team.
- Assist in the preparation and publish the sales notes for each of the releases.
- Checking Spotify, Apple Music and other streaming partners’ playlists on a daily basis.
- Maintain Virgin EMI sales schedule and keep the sales team informed of all release date changes.
- Ensuring PO’s are raised by the marketing team when required.
- Collate weekly updates for Business Partners and monitor profile across these partners.
- Order physical stock for the department and monitor physical ship quantities.
- Ensure label releases are correctly set up on O.C.C. website.
- Send Artwork / Assets etc to Business Partners when setting up pre-orders.
- Work alongside digital team to provide copy / assets and links for all ticketing and e-Commerce mailers.
- Support Commercial Manager in setting up ticketing pre-sales, working with promotors and ticketing agents to maximise sales.
- Send regular updates to relevant departments i.e. Marketing, Sales team and label.
- Attend regular label and planning meetings with Commercial Manager and take notes and document key information.
- Liaise with artists / managers / promoters requiring physical stock.
- Send out promo CD’s to indie retailers for each new release.
- Assist Commercial Manager when required.
- Additional ad hoc duties when required.
- Passionate about music with a desire to progress in the industry.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent numeracy skills and commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good computer skills i.e.: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Good Understanding of e-Commerce.
- Good understanding of HTML.
- Experience working in ‘music’ (personal or professional).
- Desire to work within sales.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.