Social Content Creator / Editor (Snapchat Discover)
Job title: Social Content Creator / Editor (Snapchat Discover)
Reporting to : Senior Audience Development Manager
Department: Rebel Labs
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Rebel Labs, Universal Music Group’s Owned and Operated Social Media Network are looking for a social content creator / editor with experience in creating engaging and shareable video featuring User Generated Content soundtracked to music. Experience editing for Snapchat Discover preferred. Fast, adaptable and hard-working, you will be happy sourcing, researching, editing and publishing social content to Snapchat Discover. Creative and innovative, you will be contributing to enhancing our existing formats and developing new ones.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
The candidate will work on our female first social brands, Moxi Moments and Moxi Makers.
- Social Video Editing to music, specifically vertical video (Snapchat) including some after effects / graphics / kinetic typography skills
- Writing on brand, authentic and engaging copy for video articles and post copy
- Producing eye catching thumbnail image files in Photoshop
- Publishing to multiple social platforms
- Contribute creative ideas to enhance our existing shows and develop new formats
- Contribute to optimisation of the shows programming and publishing strategy
- Contribute to the development of the brand’s identity, tone of voice and visual stye to reach and engage our large audiences
Related degree, equivalent qualifications. Proven experience editing video for social platforms preferably including Snapchat Discover. Creative, dynamic and hard-working individual with an in depth understanding of the ever changing social media industry and internet culture. Strong passion for music and popular culture.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.