Digital Optimization Specialist
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are in search of a Digital Optimization Specialist to be based in Manilla.
This role helps to shape and execute channel and artist profile strategy for Universal Music Philippines. The candidate should have experience with Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, ideally launching and optimizing a network of channels. A strong understanding of all the digital streaming ecosystem, a passion for music and an insatiable curiosity about the consumer and their music and video consumption will be key to success in this position. This person will work cross-functionally with all departments to pilot new channel development, while managing existing the channels under Universal Music Philippines.
About this role
- Manage content strategy, video optimization and viewership growth for existing and newly created channels. Work with internal and external stakeholders to spearhead channels rollout, including determining content proposition, programming strategy, legal clearances, branding and video optimization.
- Actively manage existing digital platforms (Spotify, Apple Music & YouTube), subscribers and audiences. Management includes channel and profile branding, programming, optimization (eg. Titles, tags, descriptions, annotations, etc) and reporting strategies.
- Develop data-driven recommendations for activation on digital platforms, with the goal of driving content engagement, brand awareness and monetization of content.
- Work with Analytics team to derive insights from YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, as well as and other social platforms, to drive viewership and engagement. Lead creation of recurring reporting on impact of rollout and optimization efforts against newly established benchmarks for success.
- Work cross divisionally to ensure all music and enhanced content is flowing through YouTube s CMS and is effectively tagged to enable CTR and engagement.
- Collaborate with international territories to share best practices around YouTube channel execution and audience insights.
- Work across the studio to ensure digital platforms efforts can be leveraged by other teams for consumer insights, data collection, programmatic buying and general commercialization of content.
- In-depth experience on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube (including YouTube Music)
- YouTube Certified: Audience Growth credentials strongly preferred.
- Expert level understanding of digital platforms, video platforms and social ecosystems.
- Experience with multi-platform content release strategy and best-practices across platforms.
- Experience working within the YouTube CMS and with YouTube/ Google analytics.
- In-depth understanding of audience retention metrics (e.g. Average view duration vs. % completion, watch time).
- Experience leveraging/ implementing In-video programming mechanisms (e.g. link cards and end screens).
- Ability to keep up with ever changing YouTube eco-system and new features (e.g. Community tab).
- Cross-platform, video SEO expect (e.g. Best practices for titles, descriptions, tags and thumbnails).
- Deep knowledge how to engage with fan (video-based) communities through Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Vine, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Knowledge of entertainment industry, specifically digital distribution landscape.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.