Associate Director Commerce
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for an Associate Director of Commerce to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises within their Commercial Marketing Department. The position delivers day-to-day execution assistance to the Director of Commerce’s strategy for growing revenue at evolving digital service providers and physical partners. Responsibilities include data/information processing, logistical title management, coordination of marketing/promotional assets, collaboration on revenue generating campaigns, and the processing of campaigns under the direction of the Director of Commerce.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Effectively communicate information analysis, insights, and recommendations to the partner Account Director.
- Performance information processing, including campaign and new release consumption results.
- Physical title management: interface with partner information systems, manage product delivery timelines, review weeks of supply, and quality control information accuracy.
- Overall title administration and management for physical and digital configurations.
- Process the submission of information and marketing collateral for campaign implementation.
- Interface with both partner physical logistics and digital delivery product teams.
- Solve operations, reporting, and technology issues to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- General process and execution support for the partner Account Director.
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong knowledge of music marketing (Streaming and Physical)
- Knowledge of Amazon production a plus
- Process oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand operations, delivery processes, supply chain, and technology issues
- Excellent time management skills and follow through skills
- Comfortable managing internal departmental information systems and partner backend interfaces
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Fluid contributions to multiple projects within a rapidly evolving environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience in managing streaming and physical product configurations
- Prior experience working with account information management systems
- Prior experience in business operations, analysis, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
- Knowledge of social media and current platforms of entertainment consumption and marketing
- Strong interest in music and pop culture, with extensive knowledge of current and catalog music titles and artists
- Familiarity with physical music configurations and user of digital streaming services
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.