Front End Developer / Designer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is looking for a web designer to assist the marketing departments in the creation of designs for our clients. The candidate must be an expert in web design with proficient knowledge in HTML/CSS. The candidate must also thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented working environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversee and manage design projects
- Design, develop, maintain and update site content, graphics and appearance
- Manage multiple stakeholders and performance goals while problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Manage expectations of clients and partner with labels towards same end goals
Bring your VIBE:
- 2+ years of professional experience designing for the web
- Proficiency in Adobe XD/Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Experience with creating sketches/wireframes, high-fidelity/in-browser mock-ups and everything in-between
- Strong understanding of HTML5, ES6, jQuery, CSS3/SCSS, CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap) and version control (Git)
- Understands and applies principles of page optimization
- Experience with cross-device/responsive design techniques
- Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX/UI design
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, as well as able to manage simultaneous projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with all departments.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative design solutions
- An online portfolio of work samples
- Knowledge of modern front-end tools (Webpack/Gulp/etc.)
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (particularly Drupal)
- General knowledge of PHP/Twig templating
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.