Director of Marketing/Audience Growth
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), the centralized catalog division of UMG, is seeking a Director of Audience Growth, Urban Marketing in the New York, NY location. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe to product manage and market Urban music products. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns. The role requires leadership and coordination to contribute to global Urban marketing efforts across multiple teams.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Plan and execute product management and catalog marketing for Urban artists and releases across multiple labels within UMG.
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including social, CRM, radio, and commercial.
- Create and manage audience growth campaigns, microsites, technology development initiatives, and other marketing campaigns.
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience engagement and growth.
- Develop relationships and secure global opportunities with marketing partners.
- Direct and manage relations with independent marketing agencies.
- Collaborate with other teams at UMe including Commerce, Production, A&R, and International.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with global teams, creating cohesive worldwide marketing initiatives.
- Manage the conception, communication, and execution of Urban music consumer engagement marketing.
- Plan and account for project and campaign marketing budgets.
Bring your VIBE:
- 6+ years of experience in Urban music digital marketing and product management, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Immersion in the Urban media and marketing community with strong connections at brands, media outlets, and partners.
- Experience in music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement, social, optimization, and analytics.
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships.
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools.
- Experience in Urban music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Advertising/media planning experience.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Creative, innovative, strategic understanding of marketing tactics and channels.
- Unquenchable passion for all things relating to Urban music.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
- Bachelor’s preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer