The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank, and the Bangas, J.S. Ondara, S.G. Goodman, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing Director who will handle marketing campaign strategies for multiple artists and projects across the label’s roster. This person will work closely with the Department Head and all other departments within the label (A&R, Revenue, Creative, Digital, PR) to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive, creative, and innovative marketing strategies for a range of artists – from new signings to global superstars. He/She should have a strong understanding of artist development; streaming, digital and traditional retail/revenue business; live touring, events and festivals; creative and content strategy; long-term budget and P+L management; data and analytics and the ability to collaborate with artists and music executives daily in and out of the office.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for artists’ music and music-related products across the label’s roster. These include but are not limited to single / EP /albums, music videos and video content, merchandise, and direct-to-consumer business.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across A&R, Retail + Revenue, Product Development, Digital, TV & Film Licensing, and Artist Management to support priority projects, artists, and brands.
- Help guide and execute artist branding, creative materials, and original content specific to each campaign.
- Proactively communicate goals and project analysis with all departments inside the company, and to artist management and agents.
- Regularly interface with artists and management on all aspects of commercial release plan and marketing strategy to ensure the success of the project.
- Understand and analyze the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio, and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Understand and implement innovative digital marketing
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong ability to successfully define and drive project management and execution
- Creative thinker with ability to generate innovative marketing ideas
- Strong understanding of DSP trends and emerging streaming business (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube, etc)
- Strong skills in communication, presentation, writing, and able to work well cross-functionally
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Sales statistics analysis (Music Connect, Mediabase).
- 6+ years’ experience or relative experience as a Senior Product Manager/Marketing Director.
- Social media savvy, with experience on platforms and understanding of associated data
- Education: BA/BS Degree
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.