We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG’s Consumer Marketing team is seeking a Media Buyer in Nashville, TN.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Act as the primary digital media expert for US labels, buying, optimization and reporting
- Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Google Adwords, and other DSPs
- Programmatic and DV360 experience
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data-driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
- Implement test initiatives such as landing page, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- 2+ years’ media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry experience a big plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Google Certification required; IAB Certification a big plus
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM bid management platforms, Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat and DSPs
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareablee
- Passionate music fan
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish