CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing, the Consumer Engagement Manager will lead building out critical audience development and consumer marketing technologies that empower UMC’s marketing teams to connect the best artists in the world to their best fans in the world. Together with product owners and digital teams, you work on continuously improving and evolving the programs, maximizing the value for the customer and the company.
- Be accountable for the success of Consumer Engagement Concepts/Programs with focus on Personalization of content and overall experience considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Oversee UMC’s CRM program for our domestic artists and owned branded UMUSIC & Musicvaultz
- Act as the bridge between the web development team and the digital strategy team to ensure our artist websites & stores, digital tools and email campaigns are optimized in the collection of 1st and 3rd party data
- Define the long-term vision and roadmap of the product area considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the digital ecosystem.
- Identify and solve dependencies within and beyond your product area to ensure efficient delivery.
- Represent the business for the area, fostering strong relationships with key global stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlogs and activation/campaign plans.
- Act as the ambassador for your area, showcasing the key functionalities, driving adoption and assuring operational excellence together with Digital Growth peers.
- Manage relationships outside the area efficiently to ensure that the teams can work autonomously.
- Drive the evolution of the area in collaboration with the product owners.
- Coach the product owners in your area to ensure that the product teams are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Influence backlog priorities in the digital product area.
- Influence dependent product backlogs from other product areas.
- Other projects as assigned
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- 5+ years of professional experience in multi-national business environment (thereof 5+ year experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment)
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels
- Experience in creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests
- Experience leading Consumer Engagement and Personalization areas
- Experience working with CRM software both on the email and SMS side
- Distinctive strategic mindset and ability to prioritize and delegate high numbers of tasks with varying workload and importance
- Ability to handle ambiguity and untangle complex situations into actionable activities
- High resilience and solution-oriented attitude
- Very good leadership skills
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- In-depth understanding of digital IT products and capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience driving digital transformation or strategic programs in retail or consumer business.
- Experience as a thought leader
- Track record of successful performance with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Passion for and understanding of Google products.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, resilient, and highly collaborative.
- Hard working and motivated self-starter with ability to work and think clearly in a loud environment