Designer, Graphics & HTML
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Designer – HTML & Graphics to create design assets on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. This person must be comfortable with working with web development, HTML5 creative for paid media, dynamic creative and programmatic media. This person must be able to take initiative, accurately interpret both internal and client feedback into designs, and articulate creative concepts. Experience with graphic design and production art in the retail and apparel space is a plus. Candidates should have experience within CMS Platforms like WordPress and eCommerce platforms like Shopify.
How you’ll create:
- Bring to life dynamic and animated HTML creative for paid media campaigns ie - animated banners and dynamic creative
- Create HTML newsletters through CMS platforms like DotDigital and Mailchimp
- Develop original social media, website, and merchandise assets
- Create beautiful and realistic product mockups for display in artist stores
- Design and refine presentation decks for a variety of needs
- Consistently deliver designs that meet and exceed both client expectations and internal standards
- Comfortably manage a high volume of client design jobs on an ongoing basis
- Work directly with cross-functional teams and clients to realize their design goals, gathering feedback and ensuring timely project delivery
- Collaborate with the rest of the creative team to meet goals and deadlines across multiple projects
- Inform feature set roadmap for e-commerce tech product
- Work with a range of clients in the entertainment business
- Occasionally work on website design and branding as necessary
Bring your vibe:
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a graphic designer in a professional setting
- Degree in Graphic Design or an adjacent field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency with Google Studio and other HTML5 creative platforms
- 1+ years of HTML5, CSS, jQuery/Bootstrap, and JSON.
- Expert understanding of HTML5, CSS, and advanced animations
- Mobile and responsive banner/ad development and cross browser support experience is a must
- Familiarity with digital creative technology packages, including but not exclusively: Flashtalking, Jivox, Doubleclick Studio, Sizmek, Adobe Innovid, Facebook, etc.
- Experience programming with 3D and other frameworks is a plus
- High level of comfort working on tight turnaround times while accepting and integrating client feedback into design projects
- Availability to be on-call for select after-hours and weekend jobs
- Ability to follow brand guidelines but bring something new to the table
- Comfortability multitasking with strong organizational skills
- Highly creative and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.