Manager, eCommerce CRM
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG Global Audience Development is seeking a Manager, eCommerce CRM who is customer-obsessed, hands-on, and focused on delivering outstanding customer experience for UMG’s eCommerce stores. You will spearhead advancing automation and personalization techniques to create a more frictionless customer experience that results in increased operational efficiency and customer lifetime value. As a key member of the Audience Development & eCommerce teams, you will lead strategy and the technical execution and enablement of lifecycle marketing, with a specific focus on transactional and triggered campaigns as well as scalable automation and personalization.
A data driven problem solver, you deeply understand and possess an insatiable curiosity for how to best leverage new and existing customer data, behavior triggers, and real-time dynamic content to improve engagement across all lifecycle touch points.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Be the in-house expert and champion of our marketing automation and personalization tools in order to engage, convert, and increase the value of prospects and customers across the customer lifecycle
- Brainstorm ways to improve customer experience through cross-channel (email, SMS, push, chat, and in box) campaigns through the use of test and optimization cycle for best performance
- Own and oversee the customer lifecycle engagement strategy for our eCommerce stores from planning, execution, measurement, and optimization, with a focus on technical enablement of dynamic personalization and event or API triggered communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with central and label marketing teams to deliver compelling new personalized customer journeys
- Develop, implement and maintain effective and scalable marketing processes and data-driven and optimized execution of cross-channel communications
- Master available data sources/data structure to create scalable one-to-one communications and support personalization strategies
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies to maximize the conversion rate and LTV
- Analyze and report on campaign performance, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights for optimization
- Lead and dictate strategy for a handful of artist clients, from concept through post campaign analysis - leverage marketing automation tools to develop transactional, promotional, and evergreen content strategies in order to optimize the fan lifecycle
- 3-5+ years’ experience developing eCommerce lifecycle/CRM programs, with a focus on marketing automation/operations
- Experience in customer segmentation strategies and subscriber management across multiple channels
- Knowledge of industry best practices for marketing automation and the ability/desire to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Working knowledge of AMPScript, Liquid, that enables mobile first, responsive email and push templates and dynamic content
- Technically capable, ability to investigate liquid tags, data fields, custom events and attributes, and to QA and setup API and event triggers
- Exceptional communicator with a desire to improve processes and positively impact the organization
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated passion for digging into data to test hypothesis and continually improve results
- Must have a service mindset; experience in client or central services is a major plus
- Experience with Shopify is a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.